Making wardrobe colors work together
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:59 pm
With more presentations taking place online, I have begun paying attention to the tops I wear during work calls. A shirt that looks balanced in the mirror can seem distracting on screen, particularly beside the pale wall behind me. The goal is not a formal appearance for every meeting, but clothing that does not compete with my face. Keeping the room setup unchanged should let me compare several solid-colored tops without confusing clothing differences with lighting changes. I found a page about color analysis and would like to use the idea as a starting point for these comparisons. Fine patterns seem busy on screen, so I am concentrating on solid colors before deciding anything about new purchases. Would you judge the colors from a short recording rather than the live preview, or is either method equally useful? I also wonder whether a good color beside my face needs to coordinate closely with the background of the room. If you present online regularly, I would appreciate the checks you use before settling on your usual camera clothes.